Thursday, April 3, 2014

Mason's adventures

Day 5
My day was UNBELIEVABLE and wicked FUN. I had 18 competitors in my group. My event that I had was Slopestyle. The course was really fun and awesome. My first was good but then my second run I laid the smack down and went bigger then I ever had. Slopestyle is a judged event. It has two parts first you are judged on rails and features. The second part is jumps. The judges look at amplitude and style.My first run was a 56 my second score was a 77.67. We thought that I got third place but I got silver!!!  The kid that beat me by 2 points his name was Kade Martin. 

                                                  Day 6
Today I had boardercross and it was fun. I was second in time trials. Cooper Provencher beat me by fractions. I won my heat by a long shot. In my semi final I went down right at the finish and got third. I had to get second to advance into the finals. I got fifth because I had to go through the consolation round.  I was very sad and mad. However, I know in my heart I should have been in the finals and on the podium. That's Boardercross for you the fast guy does not always win. I am still happy to have gotten 5th.   My new friend Copper Provencher won the race and he is from Vermont. I have beat him before.

                                                    Day 7

Today, I had Slalom. It was a good day. We think I got third but it is not official until we go to awards later today. I had one really good run and one run I fell on. I feel really bad for my brother, Tyler. He should have been on the podium today too. He fell and missed a gate. He had to hike and get back around one of the gates. He kicked but on his second run! I will let you know tomorrow where I placed.

My class is the best and thanks for all the support!!!! See you all soon....... Mason