Monday, March 3, 2014

                                                       Enjoy our video from our Olympic Events.


The children worked so hard to learn and compete in their events.  It was what teaching is truly about.  Learning should be fun and children should look forward to coming to school each and every day.  It was impressive to find my students who find spelling a challenge doing very well and wanting me to ask them how to spell Olympics or Russia in Russian.  I even had one beg me to ask him to name the countries that border Russia.  Well it has changed so many times in my life I had to think.  I do believe that with these lessons that the children created life long memories.  I will not be surprised to see some of them in 20 years teaching something similar to their students.  I would say the highlight to my year so far was going out for a good portion of the day and snowshoe with the children and just have fun!!  I would like to thank each and everyone of my students for reminding me that a kid is in all of us no matter what our age is.